Saturday, Jun 18, 2022 8:00 PM
Atlanta Symphony Hall
1280 Peachtree Street, NE
Atlanta, Georgia 30309
Through the power of her voice, acclaimed poet Rupi Kaur brings a captivating performance to the world stage in an all-new spoken word poetry experience. Audiences are taken on a journey of personal loss and love, growth, mental health, community, friendship, and strength. These universal themes take center stage as original music scores the show and projections immerse audiences.
Performing new unpublished pieces, poems from “home body” and greatest hits from her iconic books “milk and honey” and “the sun and her flowers”- join Rupi on her World Tour as we reconnect with each other and most importantly, ourselves.
This show is presented by Delta Atlanta Symphony Hall Live and AEG Presents. A Cappella Books will have signed copies of each title available for purchase at the event.
Atlanta Symphony Hall Health & Safety Policy
Effective September 1, 2021, all patrons will be required to show the following upon entry to Atlanta Symphony Hall:
• Proof of vaccination or a current negative COVID-19 test
• Matching photo ID
• Face masks covering nose and mouth
About the Books
- Rupi Kaur constantly embraces growth, and in “home body,” she walks readers through a reflective and intimate journey visiting the past, the present, and the potential of the self. home body is a collection of raw, honest conversations with oneself – reminding readers to fill up on love, acceptance, community, family, and embrace change. Illustrated by the author, themes of nature and nurture, light and dark, rest here.
- Rupi’s long-awaited second collection of poetry, “sun and her flowers,” is a journey of wilting, falling, rooting, rising, and blooming. It is a celebration of love in all its forms.
- This book is divided into four chapters, and each chapter serves a different purpose. Deals with a different pain. Heals a different heartache. “milk and honey” takes readers through a journey of the most bitter moments in life and finds sweetness in them because there is sweetness everywhere if you are just willing to look.
About the Author
As a 21-year-old university student Rupi wrote, illustrated and self-published her first poetry collection, milk and honey. Next came its artistic sibling, the sun and her flowers. These collections have sold over 10 million copies and have been translated into over 42 languages. Her most recent book, “home body,” debuted #1 on bestsellers lists across the world. In 2021, Rupi executive produced and starred in her debut film, “Rupi Kaur Live,” which is currently streaming on Amazon Prime Video.
Rupi's work touches on love, loss, trauma, healing, femininity, and migration. She feels most at home when creating art or performing her poetry on stage.